THE NICHOLS FAMILY


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fall Fun

Even though most days here it feels like the middle of summer we have been enjoying some fall activities. The girls and I made a quick trip to the pumpkin patch one Monday morning. We didn't do the whole hayride excursion but that was just fine with all of us. It was a fun morning.








Last Friday we hosted a little fall party with Mary Selwyn's friends and their mommies. My sister-in-law Shannon gave me some holiday cake molds and of course I couldn't wait to try them out. It took me a couple tries to perfect the pumpkin cake but I finally did and I made 7 for Mary Selwyn and her friends to decorate. Adeline had a few friends come also. They decorated pumpkin sugar cookies. It was a fun time full of fellowship. I'm thankful that I can be a stay at home mom and plan activities like this.






Before I perfected the cake


After




Big Kid table




My Centerpiece




Almost all the children at our party, some are missing. They weren't in a picture taking mood.




One of the decorated cakes


Decorating cakes
Little Kid table








This is Mary Selwyn's friend Austin. She LOVES Austin as you can tell. She told me, "he is SOOO sweet." The play so sweetly together too. They were playing grandma and grandpa, so cute right? I'm afraid MSN may be a little boy crazy but at least she picked this precious boy!!





Last but not least we had our neighborhood fall festival. Have I mentioned lately how much I love my neighborhood. It is so fun and kid/family friendly. We dressed the girls up in their costumes and headed to the park. I won't post many pictures from the festival because I'm sure I will have many more from Halloween night but here is a little sneak peek.

Mary Selwyn is obviously a clown. Shay's Mom made this costume for Shannon when she was little. It is really cute. This was my first face painting experience. It went fairly well I think.

As for Adeline..... remember Scardey Cat blog from Halloween two years ago? (I don't know how to link to my old blog, sorry) It is A's turn to dress like Silas for Halloween. This picture turned out a lot cuter than the one of MSN and Silas. I guess he isn't scared anymore.



3 comments:

Margaret said...

Those sweet girls are just precious! And you are such a fun mommy having a party like that! Wish I had it in me to do stuff like that. So fun and cute!

Lauren said...

Move over Martha Stewart! What a cute pumpkin decorating idea! I'll need more ideas on how to entertain Sipsey when we are cooped up in Arkansas in a couple of weeks with no friends!

Maile Gowing said...

Oh, how I wish I lived in Dothan so we could throw pumpkin parties together! I need a new person...