THE NICHOLS FAMILY


Thursday, April 12, 2012

I used to blog

I used to blog.

I used to read other's blogs.

Somehow, these days, I can't seem to find the time.  Most days I feel like I can't even catch my breath and life is passing by so quickly.  Too quickly.  It has been an insane 5 months, family illnesses and deaths and just trying to keep up with everyday responsibilities has almost done me in.  I'm thankful for a God that is bigger than all things because He has kept me going, even when my spirit has been less than willing.

So our trip to Disney never made the blog.  Valentine's day never made the blog.  Adeline starting big girl gymnastics (not mommy and me anymore) never made the blog.  My time serving on a Jury never made the blog (now that was a story too).  Spring break never made the blog.  To be honest I can't even remember what else in the last few months never made the blog.  Easter, however, will make the blog....

We had a happy Easter.  A million egg hunts and a quick trip home to be with family made it happy. 

My Grandmother, who has been sick since before Christmas and spent almost 2.5 months in the hospital had returned to the hospital the Tuesday before Easter.  She had some medicine that was making her sicker (is that a word?) than normal but while she was there they ran some other tests and came to the conclusion that she is suffering from Cirrhosis of the Liver.  Sad news especially for a woman who has probably never had a drop of alcohol in her life, but that's how it goes sometimes.  So now there is a diagnosis, not one we want but one none the less.  She was actually feeling good and got to come home on Easter Sunday.  That made Easter even happier because it was another holiday my girls got to spend with her.  I think her knowledge of her condition is making her slip into a mindset of 'it would be better if I just died.'  Better for her maybe......hopefully she doesn't give up on us too fast because the doctor said he thinks she still has fairly good liver function.

My poor mother is drained.  She is my grandmother's primary caretaker and she is physically and emotionally spent.  I feel bad for her and I feel guilty that I can't do more to help her or support her.  And I miss her.  I just miss my mom.  I was lucky enough to get two quick visits in with her a few weeks ago where she was able to spend the night with us again.  They were very short, quick trips but my girls were in heaven.  They miss Goon too.  I just pray Goon can survive this....Bless her.

In the midst of all of this craziness April has really snuck up on me.  My birthday pops up in just a couple of days.  Not just my birthday, my 30th birthday!  See what I mean about life passing me by.... where did 30 years go? Oh and it's not just my birthday lurking around the corner but Adeline's 3rd  birthday is one week away.  Forget 30 years, where did just 3 years go?  My baby starts preschool next year, sigh. I suppose that will make time go even faster, double sigh.  I have had a big time planning Adeline a fabulous Wizard of Oz birthday party.  I hope it turns out as wonderful as we have dreamed it up to be.

As I read this, I sound like a real downer, oops, not how I intended it.  There have been many fun and great times in these last few months.  We are happy and very blessed  I've just been to busy and too tired to blog about it.  I'm not complaining, maybe whining a little, but not complaining, I'm thankful for our life and count it all as joy, even the difficult times.  Just pointing out that it seems things have gotten to be busy, marriage and parenting are full time jobs and I have lost the time to blog.  The 'passion' to blog and read all of your blogs is strong as ever, it is the time I can't seem to get my hands on.  Maybe one day, hopefully soon, I'll get my blog back up and running consistently......after all I will have to share this wonderful 3rd birthday party I'm throwing. ;)

If it makes you feel any better I have also neglected Pinterest and I think my DVR might explode soon.  At least I'm not neglecting my children.....just Grey's Anatomy, which I do believe will survive without me.  If it is cancelled after this season then you can blame me.  Here are some Easter pictures for your viewing pleasure.....



Adeline and Greatmama


Mary Selwyn and her Great Grandmother, fresh out of the hospital



Psalm 63:3
3 Because your loving kindness is better than life,

my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

5 comments:

kkd said...

What beautiful pictures!

Lauren said...

Good to see a new blog! I'm with you; any spare time I might have, I feel like I have many more important things to do with it than blog! Maybe a monthly report would work for us. The girls are precious as always!

Wanting What I Have said...

So fun to read about what's going on! Your girls are precious and happy, happy birthday to you and Adeline! :)

Unknown said...

Nice kids. Good luck to you & your Family on New Year.

ray ban wayfarer said...

westbrook jersey
kevin durant jersey
Serge Ibaka Jersey
The result was a constant appeal to the more primitive and more insistent impulses of men, and a gross degradation of sensibility and integrity. But now that public need was the first claim it was necessary to decide what the public need really was,