THE NICHOLS FAMILY


Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Christmas Visitor

Look who showed up at our house a week early......
We got our Elf right before Christmas last year but I decided to wait until this year to bring him out. We read the book to Mary Selwyn before nap time and when she woke up the Elf had come to visit her. It was so cute when she discovered him. She and daddy named him Charlie or as MSN calls him, "Charwie." Not a very elfy name but that is okay.


So far we love having Charlie around. I asked her to do something and she said okay and then looked up at Charlie and grinned really big because she knew she was being a good girl. It was so funny. Daddy enjoys Charlie because he seems to make it easier for MSN to be good while her elf buddy is watching. When she does something wrong she looks up at Charlie and says, "I'm sorry Charlie. It's okay Charlie." I told daddy we could not abuse Charlie's presence.

I decided to get him out early because we are going out of town for a week and I wanted him to go. Plus because we are trying to sell the house we are going to have VERY minimal Christmas decorating, which makes me sad because I normally over-do Christmas, so I thought having Charlie around would get us in the spirit! It definitely has....we are attempting Christmas card pictures tomorrow, wish us luck! Don't worry, we haven't forgotten about Thanksgiving. We are very excited to see our families, eat yummy food and give thanks for all our many blessings. We would never skip over that!!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

So cute! We have an elf too named Pixel.Dru makes fun of me majorly for the name but Simms was too young last year to name him. Think ours is going to appear tomorrow!

Abby Euten said...

I think Charlie is a very "elfy" name!

The Dennis Family said...

I love it!! MSN is a smart little thing, making sure the Charlie is watching her be a good girl!!
SO PRECIOUS!

gillfamily said...

You know what is so funny? I have only 1 other friend who has blogged about Elf on the Shelf and guess what they named their elf....CHARLIE?? How weird is that

Lindsey said...

I love it! Totally cracking me up! Jeremy said somebody he's friends with on FB had a similar status about the Elf being the best child motivator ever! haha