THE NICHOLS FAMILY


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Party

Hey everyone, I'm Adeline. A few months ago my boyfriend Luke wrote a blog about his party so I thought I would take a shot at blogging myself. Mommy might lose her job. This weekend my mommy and daddy planned a really great party to celebrate my 1st birthday. It was supposed to be on Saturday but the weather was really bad so we had to move it to Sunday. Mommy was really stressed out and sad we had to move the party but it didn't make a bit of difference to me. Turns out the party was even better on Sunday because almost everyone could still come and the weather was beautiful.


My party was pretty perfect. Luke's mommy Mandy made me a beautiful banner with my name on it. She also designed my cake table and made cookies from scratch for my party favors....she is one super friend! My family and friends were so sweet to bring me lots of fun presents that I think I will share with my big sister. Then mommy and daddy gave me a little cake to eat all by myself. I decided eating it is cute and all but I thought it would be more fun to rub the icing all over my legs instead. I covered my legs so good that daddy had to put me in the bath tub in the middle of my party. All the excitement was a lot for me to handle so a mid-party nap was necessary while everyone sat around and visited.
Now that I am one I have decided I need to start exploring and learning more so I am now getting into EVERYTHING! I think it's fun....mommy isn't so sure. Turns out she doesn't appreciate my help with the laundry. Mary Selwyn and I are trying to talk mommy into taking us on a ride in our new wagon so I will wrap this up by saying my party was so much fun. I'm a lucky 1 year old. Also, I think from now on I'm going to leave the blogging up to Luke. As much as I enjoy pressing all the keys, I would rather be playing with my sister!

P.S. There are way to many pictures from my party to post on the blog so you can look at all of them if you use this link.

1 comment:

gillfamily said...

Hey Adeline! The pictures from your party are great! They look super fun. You are a beautiful little girl. I want you and Gracie to play one day soon.