THE NICHOLS FAMILY


Monday, July 4, 2011

Our Trip to Texas

I have to hurry and blog about our trip to Texas because tomorrow we leave for Iowa.  I have to get caught up on my blogging before I get too far behind.  It has been a busy summer.  Moving on, after our horrific trip out there, I am happy to report that the rest of the trip went perfectly and was tons of fun.  The girls LOVED being at Nanny and Poppy's house. (side note, her name is actually Nana but MSN has successfully changed it to Nanny.  I guess when you are a great grandchild you have that kind of power.)  They loved their dogs, especially the little one, Arnie.  I'm pretty sure that dog has never had so much attention.  We also got to see some aunts, uncles and cousins that we never get to see.  This was the first opportunity my family there had to meet Mary Selwyn and Adeline.

Also while we were in San Antonio we visited Sea World.  Obviously this was the girls first trip there and saying they loved it is an understatement.  We went three of the five days we were there.  They had the best time seeing the shows, playing at the water park, riding rides, watching the shows, feeding the sea lions and feeding and petting the dolphins.  Adeline's favorite was the penguin house and the "Shampoo" show.  She came back with a penguin t-shirt that she refuses to take off.  She has a literal melt down if you make her take it off, sheesh.  Mary Selwyn's favorite was the "girl show" with the divers, acrobats, dolphins and beluga whales.  I think Sea World is my favorite amusement park.  I love seeing all the shows and I day dream like a little kid about being a whale trainer.  Then I snap out of it and realize I would be too scared to get in the water with that huge fish and I'm not that great of a swimmer, actress or acrobat so that leaves me with the scooping poop in the penguin snow, or worse concessions.  Whew it is hot out there.

Overall we had a wonderful trip.  My girls got some good quality time with Nana and Poppy, which they never get and time with great grandparents is very precious in my mind.  Our trip home was a dream, so easy with no missed flights or stress.  The girls had a wonderful time in Texas and spent every minute being spoiled.  They are already asking when we are going back.   We are glad Nana and Poppy invited us to visit and it was very sad leaving them.  Luckily we will get to see them again in a few short months.

This is my favorite picture from the trip.  The girls are still talking about their trip to Sea World and telling everyone how the "ate dead fish!"

No comments: